It should be noted that the administration of the voice and data network service in the field of telecommunications is a dynamic tool. This tool is aimed at the allocation of direct activities for the performance of operations according to the degree of responsibility within the chain of command. This is so, in order to achieve the best results in the voice and data service and thus meet the requirements of customers. That is why the objective of this article is to describe the importance of the voice and data network service within business organizations.
1. Concept of voice and data network
A network is the set of components and equipment that enable the interconnection between the various work areas within a company, whether wired or wireless, to allow the interconnection between the various equipment and voice devices.
These devices and equipment have the mission of modulating and transmitting voice signals through the network, thus allowing the intercommunication of the various work areas of a company, and avoiding the loss of quality of the voice signal, also seeking to take advantage of the network.
2. How is the voice and data network cabling set-up?
The voice and data network is made up of two types of cabling, one vertical structured and the other horizontal structured, as described below.
The importance of vertical structured cabling in the voice and data network is based on the fact that the rooms and equipment rooms on the floors of a building can be interconnected. This cabling is installed through the use of ducts, trays, ladders and cable trays, among others.
Horizontal structured cabling consists of shielded twisted pair cables, known as Shielded Twisted Pair, STP and unshielded or Unshielded Twisted Pair, UTP, placed inside a building, in order to implement a local area network or Local Area Network, LAN.
These cables are used for IEEE 802.3 type networks; this cable allows the networking of all workstations and equipment rooms. Such cabling is introduced through ducts, trays, and can also be installed under the floor and inside the walls.
3. Advantages of having a voice and data network
- Minor investment.
- Reduction of superfluous costs and mixed expenses. Also instalattion times are really short.
- Possibility to give immediate response to the requirements of their clients.
- Reduction of production costs.
4. Importance of the maintenance of voice and data service networks.
- Cost reduction when equipment needs to be replaced.
- Maintenance of the voice and data network allows the efficient operation of both the network and the equipment. This avoids the possibility of loss of voice signal and information packets that are transmitted through the network.
- It allows the reduction of technical support costs due to loss of voice signal and packet data.